On behalf of the District of Kitimat, I congratulate Progressive Ventures on a “job well done”… From the tendering stage to completion…, we appreciate your firm’s diligence and honesty throughout.
Looking for work in the construction industry?
We are often hiring and offer competative wages, benefits for some positions, support in ongoing training, and a safe, positive workplace. We often have positions for almost every level of worker; including the following:
- Equipment Operators
- Construction Safety Officers
- Project managers
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
What can I expect if I worked for PVC?
- Competitive industry wages
- Excellent opportunities for advancement
- Assistance with furthering your apprenticeship
- High job security for the construction industry (80% of our workforce comes back year after year)
- A strong safety culture on all worksites
- Participation in a rewarding, hands on job in a positive, social environment.
- To gain experience with a company that has been doing this since 1972
What are you looking for when you hire?
We hire many people that are in the process of industrial training including:
- Skilled laborers for trades such as concrete finishing, drywalling, painting, steel erection, etc
- Carpentry Apprentices
- Carpenters with an Interprovincial Trade Qualification or at least BC Qualification as a carpenter.
- Non-certified carpenters with equivelant experience
- Equipment operators
- Commercial drivers
Some of the qualities we look for include:
- Mature, responsible people who are professional and positive
- People who are good natured and can participate as a member of a team
Some helpful certifications, depending on the position, include:
- A valid BC Drivers’ license
- Current first aid certification
- Current hearing test
- Fall protection
- Confined spaces entry
- Forklift training
- Aerial platform training