I worked with PVL on a project retrofitting two three storey apartment buildings containing 44 suites. The retrofit involved stripping the buildings down to the framing and completely refinishing. PVL came to this project at a difficult time after it had been abandoned part way through and left in disarray. By being well organized and efficient PVL was able to get the project moving again for a reasonable cost and within a fairly short time frame.
Looking for work in the construction industry?
We are often hiring and offer competitive wages, benefits for some positions, support in ongoing training, and a safe, positive workplace. We often have positions for almost every level of worker; including the following:
- Equipment Operators
- Construction Safety Officers
- Project managers
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
What can I expect if I worked for PVC?
- Competitive industry wages
- Excellent opportunities for advancement
- Assistance with furthering your apprenticeship
- High job security for the construction industry (80% of our workforce comes back year after year)
- A strong safety culture on all worksites
- Participation in a rewarding, hands on job in a positive, social environment.
- To gain experience with a company that has been doing this since 1972
What are you looking for when you hire?
We hire many people that are in the process of industrial training including:
- Skilled laborers for trades such as concrete finishing, drywalling, painting, steel erection, etc
- Carpentry Apprentices
- Carpenters with an Interprovincial Trade Qualification or at least BC Qualification as a carpenter.
- Non-certified carpenters with equivalent experience
- Equipment operators
- Commercial drivers
Some of the qualities we look for include:
- Mature, responsible people who are professional and positive
- People who are good natured and can participate as a member of a team
Some helpful certifications, depending on the position, include:
- A valid BC Drivers’ license
- Current first aid certification
- Current hearing test
- Fall protection
- Confined spaces entry
- Forklift training
- Aerial platform training