Health & Safety Manager
I am writing to express our thanks for the facilities you have constructed… The cooperation we received as a Tenant in the building and the quality of the workmanship is second to none. We would not hesitate adding your name to the bidders list on future projects.
HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER
We are seeking a career-minded individual who will grow with our company with the goals of
continued job advancement.
- Direct and co-ordinate all safety activities and other safety personnel to ensure
effective implementation of safety protocols
- Ensure safety program maintains COR certification and meets all applicable legislative
and client specific requirements
- Provide support and mentoring to all staff in HSE matters through regular presence at
all sites and involvement in all stages of activities
- Pre-qualify, monitor and mentor subcontractors
- Work with project teams to anticipate, research, and co-ordinate employee training
to meet project requirements
- Develop client specific protocols to pre-qualify us for individual clients
- Develop and implement corrective actions
- Lead investigations into close calls/incidents; assess completed site documentation
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong understanding of WorkSafeBC regulation for the construction industry
and COR certified work processes
- Show a proven ability to help foster a culture of safety and to engage staff at all levels,
from site personnel through management, in safety related topics
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction safety; oil & gas industry
- Have a CSO certification, COR training certificates, or other applicable safety training
- Preference will be given to applicants with a CRSP designation
- Have excellent computer skills and a strong understanding of office/business systems
- Be able to work both in the office and in the field as required
We offer competitive industry wages, medical and dental benefits, and group retirement plan.
A positive working atmosphere, training and advancement opportunities and a strong emphasis
on safety are all reasons to work for Progressive Ventures Construction.
If you are interested in working for one of the oldest and most respected companies in the
Northwest apply today.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or in-person at Suite #4 – 5008 Pohle Avenue, Terrace BC V8G 4S8